Minimum Character Count

Akatsuki

Question

Hi everyone! My suggestion is to put something in place where you need to have a minimum character count to post in a topic. This should hopefully stop the people who post 1-2 word responses. My suggestion would be a minimum of 15-20 characters. Thanks for reading :)

Quick question....does it really matter getting posts? Its not like its going to effect in-game actions. Honestly...what is the benefit from it? I don't quite understand.

If this were a Forum Roleplaying game, where in each post you get some kind of money. THEN, I would understand the abuse but what benefit do we get?

Just a question : if this gets approved (and i think it's a good idea), will gold/silver members become Newbies again? -__-

I agree with Rory in that a minimum character requirement is just an inconvenience. People who want to spam will just work around it, so the post count reset punishment is probably a better option. In summary, the feature won't be added, but getting warned twice for spam will get your post count reset and you will be a "Newbie" all over again.  

Quick question....does it really matter getting posts? Its not like its going to effect in-game actions. Honestly...what is the benefit from it? I don't quite understand.

If this were a Forum Roleplaying game, where in each post you get some kind of money. THEN, I would understand the abuse but what benefit do we get?

There is no benefit to having a high post count other than unlocking new emblems. Some people put value on that, but I personally put value on post quality and your overall helpfulness in the forum community. We have a five-star rating system in our profiles, but I think a reputation feature would be nice.