Rp section on the forums?

corruptedOne

Question

I remember from way back, since Naruto Realm was basically never coming out, the forums ended up being more known for a bunch of people going around trolling/flaming/raiding other site forums and whatnot haha, but also the Roleplay section got pretty big. I think it'd be nice to possibly bring a roleplaying section back on the forums? It could potentially draw more people to join the forums as a result too. 

19 answers to this question

I'm strongly in favor of this. Role-playing seems to be integral to the intended purpose of this game, and having a section dedicated to it would encourage more players to partake and help improve their creative writing skills. While we're on the subject, I'd like to propose a simplification to the forum structure so that there isn't an abundance of subsections. This makes browsing and moderating much easier.

Proposed tentative structure.

Announcements (this is all the same)

- News & Updates

- Development Log

- - C# Nin Online

- Official Screenshots & Previews

General

- Discussion

- Support

- Suggestions

- Role-Play (tutorials and suggestions for writing, logged backstories and developing stories, etc.)

Community

- Introductions

- Chit-Chat (leave post count enabled and allow forum games that are not spam; e.g., counting to 1,000)

- Anime & Manga (Naruto general discussion can take place here, as well as other anime and manga)

- Art & Graphics

@Rory @Noble @Sipher @Whack

• Like 3

If only I could somehow find the structure/format of the old NarutoRealm rp....... :/ 

EDIT: NVM omg i found the format!! I remembered that I created a backup forum a long time ago because the forums were gonna get wiped and brought over all the posts related to the RP system! 

Sorry to disappoint but it's not exactly the old forums lol just a bunch of posts/threads i moved over to keep the RP section from the old forums from like.. going extinct lol cause it was right before everything got wiped but check this link out for a picture of how the RP system was. IMO it's a nice system 

http://z10.invisionfree.com/NarutoRealm_Roleplay/index.php?act=idx

So all the different sections and subforums, etc. are exactly the way they were back then. Just that on the actual NR forums all of it went into a seperate RolePLay section like @Crosswise mentioned. 

@Rory

Now that you mentioned that, it will need a lot of effort to kick start it. I kinda change my opinion on this matter. I don't think I want an RP section anytime soon. If this is going to take time off on you programming the game or anything involving the game. I would prefer not having an RP section, I would like you to focus 100% on the game instead of this section that might or might NOT workout.

• Like 1

i mean...if we choose to use the template off the old RP then we just have to add the section, subforums, etc. and have a mod do all that, no? A lot easier if we don't actually create a new roleplay system from scratch when there's already a preexisting one you can use , right? But anyways, although it was my suggestion, i didn't take into account the number of people who actively are on this forum and so if anything this should definitely not launch until there's a lot of people around and the forums are reallly active. 

@Rory