Patch Notes 1.5.0

Seth

The game has been wiped, due to changing our saving and loading methods from SQL to JSON. We had to change it, sorry guys. The website was lagging really bad for a reason, plus it was really unstable. It caused rollbacks and was too slow. To make it up to you all, we're doing a 3x Experience Event for 72 hours. This is Alpha wipes happen, although we're not going to convert data to waste time that could be spent on developing the game. Once, we are officially released outside of Alpha and Beta this will not happen though. Any rewards such as titles are kept in our admin area, we will give them out again later. This does not include Launch Event items. We will host more events to replace them in the future.

There has been a few other changes we've made to 1.5.0 that I have added to the list towards the bottom. The grind is more realistic to how the game was meant to be, the experience was really way higher than what Rory imagined the game to have due to the experience bug that awards more or less experience based on your level difference to the mob. I really do not see how people were complaining about leveling the way it was in the past, it was actually really easy. We will make it more fun gradually, this stage of the game is just for getting feedback and making improvements as we go.

Thanks,
Hitspark

Edited by Seth
  • Like 7

The game has been wiped, due to changing our saving and loading methods from SQL to JSON. We had to change it, sorry guys. The website was lagging really bad for a reason, plus it was really unstable. It caused rollbacks and was too slow. To make it up to you all, we're doing a 3x Experience Event for 72 hours. This is Alpha wipes happen, although we're not going to convert data to waste time that could be spent on developing the game. Once, we are officially released outside of Alpha and Beta this will not happen though. Any rewards such as titles are kept in our admin area, we will give them out again later. This does not include Launch Event items. We will host more events to replace them in the future.

There has been a few other changes we've made to 1.5.0 that I have added to the list towards the bottom. The grind is more realistic to how the game was meant to be, the experience was really way higher than what Rory imagined the game to have due to the experience bug that awards more or less experience based on your level difference to the mob. I really do not see how people were complaining about leveling the way it was in the past, it was actually really easy. We will make it more fun gradually, this stage of the game is just for getting feedback and making improvements as we go.

The game is now live.

Thanks,
Hitspark

Thank you seth!!!!

Those errors only appear temporarily... If the errors continue just delete the files that are erroring. The new updater is next on my list. If you get stuck logged in, just make sure to log into the same server you logged out of. It is a little buggy still when switching servers. The game is back live.

Edited by Seth

Rollback issues resolved.

I got rolled back to 17 from 20 after relogging from my textures going crazy (black textures or misplaced textures such as hidden lair textures in the forest). /loadtextures worked for a while, then it stopped working as intended and made things worse, so I relogged to fix the textures. Came back as 17.

Edited by Haliax

I got rolled back to 17 from 20 after relogging from my textures going crazy (black textures or misplaced textures such as hidden lair textures in the forest). /loadtextures worked for a while, then it stopped working as intended and made things worse, so I relogged to fix the textures. Came back as 17.

it's only 3 levels man don't sweat compared to what it was like a few days ago they have done very good not to mention i haven't been rolled back once yet or lost anything

Edited by Silas

I've made changes to the server. I don't think rollback is a problem anymore. You likely were a victim of a server crash. The Europe server did crash and fail to save - so you got rolled back around 3-5 minutes.

I rolled back too, on Hawk, from logging out, not crashing.

I am spam logging in and out, there's nothing your client can do to cause a rollback. Everything is done by sockets. If your client crashes or closes, it closes the socket to the server. The server handles the rest. If you continue to get rollbacks then I will look into it, but I am jumping servers constantly and not rolling back at all.

I've made changes to the server. I don't think rollback is a problem anymore. You likely were a victim of a server crash. The Europe server did crash and fail to save - so you got rolled back around 3-5 minutes.

I play on the US server. I was in a party with WindWalker all night and I logged out to fix the textures, then got rolled back 3 levels.