Important Update regarding Beta

Ueda

Part of the reason I was pushed towards this game is for the fact of barely wiped unless absolutely necessary and being told there would not be one inbetween open and closed beta made me invest quite a bit of time also. Lving to 30 with doton and maxing everything was torture. A lot of hours, time, and money from stat resets is now for nothing. i am not too keen on redoing the thousands of uses required and honestly i feel out the money invested outside of the base membership.

• Like 1

Just now, brae2120 said:

Part of the reason I was pushed towards this game is for the fact of barely wiped unless absolutely necessary and being told there would not be one inbetween open and closed beta made me invest quite a bit of time also. Lving to 30 with doton and maxing everything was torture. A lot of hours, time, and money from stat resets is now for nothing. i am not too keen on redoing the thousands of uses required and honestly i feel out the money invested outside of the base membership.

well they did say that dailies will be added and you wont have to literally grind like you used to for lvling. Thus I don't think you should worry too much spending much time on it as you did. Although I understand how you feel(not that I played this game but countless others...)

6 hours ago, Drendy said:

Well I agree with some players who say Seth should NOT worry about us nor game but his own condition for now. I mean yeah sure the game is important and all...I am a new player, of course I can say wiping data is something I have experienced myself in other games. However I do not think it's such a big deal (game being incomplete yet and all) a couple of players say it will be nice to just give lvl's...well if there will be such thing I will say this. I would not ask for it even if I was lvl 25 or 30(which was level cap I believe?). I see it in a good way since now the players with their same nicknames can actually create a better character and stronger one hence now they know where to put points better and such.

to up lvl 30 it was like 2 month 5 hours per day example and the lvl cap is 50 and i think its like 4=5 month to up 50 or more maybe ! i was 34 i know what im talking about maybe i add some hours but its torture ! you dont want to lost all that just to give example lvl 35-36 was 600k xp and 1 snake give 250 its long ahah! and 

It's not cool to learn that you did everything to know how to put your skill point >_>

Just now, TheVagabond said:

to up lvl 30 it was like 2 month 5 hours per day example and the lvl cap is 50 and i think its like 4=5 month to up 50 or more maybe ! 

ow thanks for that...I was not sure what lvl cap is now, I just assume it by the pics and all...you know. Never played the game myself so don't know much :) that's a lot of time then I guess I wont be bored leveling up since I wanna take it slowly :P

On 13-3-2017 at 5:51 PM, Rory said:

Dear Ninjas,

As some of you may have known, our programmer, Seth was previously hospitalized due to personal health issues.

Bad News
During his hospitalization, something unfortunate happened, as Seth was the one doing manual transactions to pay for the dedicated server, he was unable to make payment in time for our server and as such, the server went offline and our provider went ahead and wiped the server of all our data. We did not lose much progress in development, but due to our lack of foresight, we lost all the player save data during Closed Beta up until now.

We're sincerely sorry for the trouble this has been and we'll be trying our best to make it up to you guys..

Better News
Since Seth is back, things are starting to progress again, and we're thinking of how we can make things up to everyone who had worked so hard during closed beta. We don't have any way of restoring everyone's leveling progress. But I definitely do not want to force everyone to go through that again.

Before we bring Closed Beta back live, we're going to be implementing a few new features including Daily Missions, to make the leveling experience less repetitive. We also will definitely do an XP event in the coming weeks.

Seth has also been working hard to fix countless bugs that were reported during the tests and features that I need to continue development to ensure going forward, things will be smoother. He's just recovered, but he's more worried about how to make it up to the players for this incident this than he is for his own health right now, and I understand why. I know we will have lost the trust in many of you guys.

But I promise we will learn from this situation and we're already putting systems in place to prevent such an incident from happening ever again.

I hope you stay with us as we continue to bring you updates about whats to happen in the coming days.

Regards,
Rory

i rather have exp scrolls

17 hours ago, brae2120 said:

I cannot refund time, but I can offer to refund your money.
Its never nice to feel cheated of your money, as I always say, Gold ninja is not a purchase of early access or buying a game, I put that tier out to people who want to support our development and help us continue to maintain the server and the fees that come with developing an MMORPG. It's a free game at it's core and you can still enjoy it that way - when it's out of beta.

Thanks for the positive responses guys, unfortunately, I can't agree to restore levels based on screenshots because that would be horrific to those who did not take screenshots.

Instead, we're aiming for a fair way to reimburse everyone of their time. As much as possible, I want atleast everyone who is in closed beta to be level 30 in a few days with minimal effort. We'll see in a few days..!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rory said:

Its never nice to feel cheated of your money, as I always say, Gold ninja is not a purchase of early access or buying a game, I put that tier out to people who want to support our development and help us continue to maintain the server and the fees that come with developing an MMORPG. It's a free game at it's core and you can still enjoy it that way - when it's out of beta.

Thanks for the positive responses guys, unfortunately, I can't agree to restore levels based on screenshots because that would be horrific to those who did not take screenshots.

Instead, we're aiming for a fair way to reimburse everyone of their time. As much as possible, I want atleast everyone who is in closed beta to be level 30 in a few days with minimal effort. We'll see in a few days..!

I am fine with that, I was only lvl 20 anyways, since I was trying to not over-train. Glad to know @Seth is doing better :)

Just focus on bringing back a nice experience, and I will be loyal and stick around.

3 hours ago, Rory said:

sounds a bit scary to me when you reach lvl 30 in a few days with minimal effort...lol but I understand why you'd do that. I don't think I'll be part of it much though. I wanna enjoy the game :) Thanks for the info!

Meh,keep working for that solid launch,i couldn't care less if that wipe was by error or manually made by one of you,ultimately it will bring community together like all the freebys waiting in line for open beta,they won't get raped on the get go and will probobly appriciate that.

I am just hopign cosmetics are going to be gifted out and all the world blessings,like my buddy bought atleast 10-15 of them.

Anyways,i am also hoping for lesser farm experience to get back that level30.

Don't worry about world blessings, they will all be returned to you even if you used them or not!

Seth is working on missions as we speak and it's looking good. We will relaunch with a few variation of dailies, but I'll add more as we go along.
It might be slightly repetitive at first, but we'll add more as we go.

Hopefully with more things to do, and with dailies that force players to traverse the world, it'll make the game feel less repetitive and grindy.
The mission system will also be what we need to create story missions finally!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rory said:

I'm not agree with the part (I want atleast everyone who is in closed beta to be level 30 in a few days with minimal effort.) it's unfair for thoses who were lvl atleast 30+ because all our time spent of farming will be lost and everybody will restart lvl 30 without doing anything! Like, it will be nice for thoses who were less then 30 , but For Us, who were 30+ where will be our reward when everybody will be at our lvl range? That's totally unfair!

30+ players knew during the closed Beta  ( Kirikuzu Yoru, Thevagabond , Kur, Brae2120)

3 hours ago, Torture said:

Now this is what was needed to be posted for the newer members that recently joined the community. I hope hes feeling better, real life health over anything.

Btw @Ghoul , this is what i was talking about & this is what was needed for the newer guys that recently joined.

That's true that there needed to be an update, but when the community is constantly telling you guys the situation why continue to ask and complain. I genuinely wanna know the answer to that.

6 hours ago, Kirikuzu Yoru said:

I'm not agree with the part (I want atleast everyone who is in closed beta to be level 30 in a few days with minimal effort.) it's unfair for thoses who were lvl atleast 30+ because all our time spent of farming will be lost and everybody will restart lvl 30 without doing anything! Like, it will be nice for thoses who were less then 30 , but For Us, who were 30+ where will be our reward when everybody will be at our lvl range? That's totally unfair!

30+ players knew during the closed Beta  ( Kirikuzu Yoru, Thevagabond , Kur, Brae2120)

You had a screenshot, showing that you were level 30 which is solid proof. That's fine. But Kur, TheVagabond and Brae2120 did not provide any evidence, and a lot of other players don't have any evidence either. Rory can't just throw favors your way, because you claim to have known the players who were level 30. That would be called "favortism", which I don't think any of the staff members should have towards any certain player.
In addition to this, I previously posted a picture, where I am level 30 too. So in that case, by your logic (with the previous screenshot), I should be rewarded too for being level 30, right?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Niti said:

You had a screenshot, showing that you were level 30 which is solid proof. That's fine. But Kur, TheVagabond and Brae2120 did not provide any evidence, and a lot of other players don't have any evidence either. Rory can't just throw favors your way, because you claim to have known the players who were level 30. That would be called "favortism", which I don't think any of the staff members should have towards any certain player.
In addition to this, I previously posted a picture, where I am level 30 too. So in that case, by your logic (with the previous screenshot), I should be rewarded too for being level 30, right?

Make me laugh a bit more, Your screenshot is not from the closed beta for the simple fact that you had reach lvl 30 with max exp without lvl up... otherwise, I do have a screenshot of me and It's fine if the others don't have proofs I dont care. I was just figure out that they were 30+ too because I knew it. 

12 minutes ago, Kirikuzu Yoru said:

Make me laugh a bit more, Your screenshot is not from the closed beta for the simple fact that you had reach lvl 30 with max exp without lvl up... otherwise, I do have a screenshot of me and It's fine if the others don't have proofs I dont care. I was just figure out that they were 30+ too because I knew it. 

So you clearly have no idea what is going on. My picture was just for banter. Everyone knows, that I did not hit level 30 in the Closed Beta.
My point still stands, Rory can't show any kind of favortism towards certain players, regardless of their levels in closed beta.

NeverLucky BabyRage

- Have a blessed day, cutie

EDIT: I never said anything about my picture being from the Closed Beta. I just said I should be rewarded for being level 30 too.

• Like 1