Basic Jutsu - Difficult Coding? Guess Not :D

Shizuo

Question

What I mean, there's a very basic jutsu in the Naruto world, but when thinking about it, it would be difficult to implement in the ninonline world. Do you have any ideas how it would work?

It's : Replacement Jutsu / Kawarimi no Jutsu

So for the staff :

Is the jutsu already in the game?

If yes, please tell us. But maybe don't spoil how it works, it's nice to discover these things in-game.

If not, will it be in? And would you want people to suggest how it could work?

People :

Thank you for posting if you think/know if the jutsu is already in the game, if the jutsu should be put in game and maybe even how it should work.

Best regards!

Shizuo

Because its an English game, and people who don't watch the series can still understand Body Replacement Technique. Kawarimi will confuse them.

I think you're underestimating the intelligence of the game's potential playerbase, it's not that hard to memorize Japanese names, or unorthodox names in general. It's kind of insulting that a jutsu's function has to be spelled out for us because it might "confuse" us.

• Like 1

@YamiDragon The simple fact is that it adds authenticity for the more dedicated Naruto players, who should be the main focus IMO. It also goes with everything else. Ranks are not in English, and hopefully villages aren't either; that is because it would be bland, imagine being called a "middle ninja". Most people who watch Naruto don't watch the English dubs(at least not exclusively), they watch the Japanese version. The subset of players who have never seen Naruto will be small, and a subset within that will be the players who refuse to try to understand what a jutsu does, and quits the game because it isn't spelled out for him everytime he uses it. Why should we diminish the authenticity of a fan-made Naruto game because a relatively tiny group of players are unimaginative and refuse to learn several, if not a few, new words? What's to stop him from quitting because he hears the word Kage and can't ask someone what that means? If there are even people like that.

Goku uses High Damaging Beam!

Ignore Yami. Only time a topic is worth arguing on, is if he's getting a more of a nerf; than what his playing capabilities are already at.

The Japanese translations sound and look  significantly better than the English DUB. Honestly, I see the game having a greater advantage using the Japanese translations (Original).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbNAk2Ip37A

I think you're underestimating the intelligence of the game's potential playerbase, it's not that hard to memorize Japanese names, or unorthodox names in general. It's kind of insulting that a jutsu's function has to be spelled out for us because it might "confuse" us.

http://maplestory.wikia.com/wiki/Highest_class_of_Magic_(F,P) Translate all that to Japanese, memorize it. Tell me how annoying that would be. We are making a game based on a Japanese series, there will always be a decision to make on what to keep Japanese, and what to make English. There are like 5 ranks. There will be over a hundred jutsus in time. Yes - a large number of our players will be Naruto fans. But everyone understands English. 70-80% of the playerbase will be Naruto fans. 50% of them. 10% of them will know what Mikazuki no Mai is. 5% will know what Doton: Gansetsukon or Tessenka no Mai: Tsuru is. So where do we draw the line on what Jutsus will be called "Mikazuki no Mai" and which are called "Substitution Jutsu"? because we certainly won't be naming half of them in Japanese, and another half English names. To somebody who spoke Japanese, the Jutsu's function is spelled out. That's the way it should be. People who watch the anime who understand Japanese, instantly know what Kawarimi no Jutsu means when it is mentioned because the name makes sense, not because they memorize it. This may not be the same as certain advanced jutsu names like Dance of the Crescent Moon etc. But imagine joining MapleStory and having to memorize skill names that are in Japanese. Authenticity is 2nd to gameplay right now. You guys have to know that Nin Online is a game, not the anime itself. If there are things that break authenticity but make the game better, I'd be more inclined to make the game more fun. In this case, it barely matters. You will see scrolls named Body Replacement Technique Scroll or Substitution Technique Scroll instead of Kawarimi no Jutsu Scroll. Or maybe we can even consider Kawarimi no Jutsu Makimono! Kantan'niieba, wareware wa eigo de kaku tame ni anki suru no ga benrina mono o sentaku shimasu. If you weren't a fan of Elvish lore, and you played a WoW Blood Elf or something, and all the GUI and names of skills were written in Elvish. It would be annoying because you don't read, write or speak Elvish.
  • Like 4

Well, you can learn for the game sake, that's easier since we all speak English here.

People who don't know Japanese and don't watch the anime will find it harder to start memorizing Japanese words/names.

Also, Henge/Transforming will definitely be in :)

I'm planning two kinds, one that transforms you into target players, and one which will turn you into objects. You'll have to remain stationary for the objects one, so it'll be pretty hard to utilize in actual combat. But imagine its possibilities as a way to ambush or escape. Lots of fun things we can do with this as well, like find the admin events xD

Lol... objects ))

Posted Image

• Like 4

LMFAO xDDDDD

so true ))

Edit: The Transformation technique will be hard to implement in the conditions where the map is predefined and doesn't change

to complement this, If transforming, the ninja should become part of the tree or building around him, not make a new boulder or tree

the hilarious part will be if you try to transform and it would say there is already someone hiding in that spot, or 100 ninja popping out of the exact same tree )

During rain this could be easier... if random ponds will appear, it could be something like this

Posted Image

LMFAO xDDDDD

so true ))

Edit: The Transformation technique will be hard to implement in the conditions where the map is predefined and doesn't change

to complement this, If transforming, the ninja should become part of the tree or building around him, not make a new boulder or tree

the hilarious part will be if you try to transform and it would say there is already someone hiding in that spot, or 100 ninja popping out of the exact same tree )

During rain this could be easier... if random ponds will appear, it could be something like this

Posted Image

Stalking done right. lol

@Gary Oak

Like I have discussed with Selkie and Kai and now with you. Leave all your grievances with me from GOA at GOA this is a new game and we are moving forward. I commented about a post selkie made and he responded without insulting me. That is called moving forward and just engaging in ordinary discussion. I would like you to do the same before you try and make a statement that has not relevance to the time frame we are in. 

I.E. Cant nerf anything we haven't seen.....

• Like 1

@Gary Oak

Like I have discussed with Selkie and Kai and now with you. Leave all your grievances with me from GOA at GOA this is a new game and we are moving forward. I commented about a post selkie made and he responded without insulting me. That is called moving forward and just engaging in ordinary discussion. I would like you to do the same before you try and make a statement that has not relevance to the time frame we are in. 

I.E. Cant nerf anything we haven't seen.....

Thank you captain, Monkey-san jr

You replied to my sentence about you and not my suggestion. GG

Better luck next game.

As I said in my previous post, the English interpretations sound really stupid in comparison to their Japanese (original) translations.