Genjutsu suggestion

Joker1480

Question

From what I've seen in Naruto games/Manga, Genjutsu is a lazy man's game. From what I've read in questions it seems things like handseals and grinding won't be looked into, and the result being more intense gameplay. If you had some kind of button combination or something (not really creative for this kinda thing) that makes both the user and the target have to actually 'fight' even while in Genjutsu. This will cause the target to be preoccupied, and the user would be too. I don't see why it has to follow Naruto guidelines to the letter where you just use Genjutsu and tell your comrades to beat down the target, while the target struggles through it all. Genjutsu should be difficult, but at the same time people who want it as a main form of fighting can grow accustomed to. The user would have the advantage knowing the Genjutsu was going to hit and prepare for the mini-event while the target is caught off-guard, retaining the Genjutsu way.

• Like 3

Only real problem with this is certain genjutsus which the victim would have to wait to find out he's in(like most genjutsus used by the ame ninja in Forest of Death)  would be dead give aways. Besides it can just have high fail rates unless someone actually trains to use it(trains chakra control and their intelligence) Jiraiya(who we can admit had at least good chakra control) even had trouble doing it. We could also have Yin release in addition to the elements, making it to where genjutsu costs you an elemental combination

No ideas for this at the moment. I personally do not like any system in any game that I've seen implementing it. The idea is alright - just not special, and doesn't fit into our current combat system. :) thanks for the suggestion though.

Take the two cents of a new guy:

Genjutsu could work, it'd just be more of a status effect/debuff thing. I haven't watched episodes of the series where Genjutsu was used recently, but why not just have a variety of status effects that genjutsu could put the user into.

Low level examples would include:

Confuse - The victim is percieving that attacks are coming in from a different angle than they actually are. Evasion decreased.

Disorient - The victim is under a genjutsu that is making their world spin slightly, disorientating them. Their accuracy with all forms of attacks falls as a result.

Fearful - The user puts the victim into an illusion where they are dealing with a personal phobia in addition to combat, decreasing their defense drastically.

Sexy Illusion - The user, if fighting someone of the opposite gender, places them in an illusion where the user is wearing the outfit that the victim finds 'sexiest'. Therefore, their (offensive stat) is lowered. And their nose is bleeding.

I dunno if the idea even has potential, or if the stats in the game would allow for something like this, but hey, every little bit helps, right?

• Like 2

Take the two cents of a new guy:

Genjutsu could work, it'd just be more of a status effect/debuff thing. I haven't watched episodes of the series where Genjutsu was used recently, but why not just have a variety of status effects that genjutsu could put the user into.

Low level examples would include:

Confuse - The victim is percieving that attacks are coming in from a different angle than they actually are. Evasion decreased.

Disorient - The victim is under a genjutsu that is making their world spin slightly, disorientating them. Their accuracy with all forms of attacks falls as a result.

Fearful - The user puts the victim into an illusion where they are dealing with a personal phobia in addition to combat, decreasing their defense drastically.

Sexy Illusion - The user, if fighting someone of the opposite gender, places them in an illusion where the user is wearing the outfit that the victim finds 'sexiest'. Therefore, their (offensive stat) is lowered. And their nose is bleeding.

I dunno if the idea even has potential, or if the stats in the game would allow for something like this, but hey, every little bit helps, right?

this is actually very good... but it could prove to be difficult for pure genjutsu-type ninjas to do only status effects... there should also be damaging genjutsus

I understand that this is for later, Rory, but I think there should be :

• Genjutsus that target someone and genjutsus to use on a wider area (3x3 around the user, cross shaped around the user, 3x3 at a certain max distance away) – to remind you of the feather genjutsu kabuto used in the chunin arena
  • Stunning genjutsus : the opponent(s) can’t move for 3-4-5-6-7 seconds (any more than 7 would be OP I think)
  • Confusing genjutsu : the opponent doesn’t have control over his character for 3 to 5 seconds, during which the character goes berserk : a. He attacks (tai only is better imo) randomly around him, even if it’s “air”; b. He starts attacking the nearest ally, and if there’s no ally near him, he starts moving towards the nearest one (as long as the genjutsu’s still on) to attack him.
  • Invisible genjutsu : same as a hiding spell, but you use it on an opponent – that specific opponent will not be able to see you for a certain time; but I don’t know if it should disappear if you attack him, like with the hiding spell, or if this one should stay anyway until either it goes off, either he manages to land an attack
  • Stat-reducing genjutsus, for 30sec-60sec, depends on the power of the jutsu : and could be specialized in a certain stat decrease, or all stats decrease at the same time
  • Damaging genjutsus = maybe slightly less damage inflicted than ninjutsus of the same level, since a “genjutsu-user” could decrease the opponent’s stats

I wanted to know if the jutsus will have something like "speed", meaning that you can avoid it if its speed is low and you see it coming. Or if it will be instantaneous.

Also, i hope there are things like cooldowns (not necessarily very long).

Because these two will play a major role in genjutsu.

And I can always think of new genjutsus ;)

• Like 4

This is, of course, something that won't happen for a while. Still, with Gen being one of the three main types of jutsu, I would just like to get ideas for it flowing early. My suggestion was pretty simple, but only because I don't really have the mind for this kind of thing (not sure how much a game like this can handle code wise, or time it can take)

I figured, since i didn't see anything much on it, might as well start it up. So, feel free to label a bunch of ideas, maybe some will be used or help others think of good ways to handle Genjutsu.

The reason I won't make stuns limited to Genjutsu is because then only Genjutsu users will ever get to their opponent. There will probably be explosive kunais that stun people, taijutsu skills that stun people, earth Jutsus that stun people etc.

This is, of course, something that won't happen for a while. Still, with Gen being one of the three main types of jutsu, I would just like to get ideas for it flowing early. My suggestion was pretty simple, but only because I don't really have the mind for this kind of thing (not sure how much a game like this can handle code wise, or time it can take) I figured, since i didn't see anything much on it, might as well start it up. So, feel free to label a bunch of ideas, maybe some will be used or help others think of good ways to handle Genjutsu.

A genjutsu where the target thinks he's a Game Admin. A genjutsu where the target starts swearing. This way he gets (automatic?) warnings from the system or the mods and will eventually be banned. Edit : And yeah, Rory, didn't think stuns will be limited to genjutsus. But maybe make ninjutsus that deal damage and stun ; while having genjutsus that could also "only stun" the enemy but for a longer period of time.

• Like 1

Best Genjutsu idea ever. lol

A genjutsu where the target thinks he's a Game Admin. A genjutsu where the target starts swearing. This way he gets (automatic?) warnings from the system or the mods and will eventually be banned. Edit : And yeah, Rory, didn't think stuns will be limited to genjutsus. But maybe make ninjutsus that deal damage and stun ; while having genjutsus that could also "only stun" the enemy but for a longer period of time.

Great ideas :0 Especially the first one. Also, sounds good :)

I understand that this is for later, Rory, but I think there should be :

• Genjutsus that target someone and genjutsus to use on a wider area (3x3 around the user, cross shaped around the user, 3x3 at a certain max distance away) – to remind you of the feather genjutsu kabuto used in the chunin arena
  • Stunning genjutsus : the opponent(s) can’t move for 3-4-5-6-7 seconds (any more than 7 would be OP I think)
  • Confusing genjutsu : the opponent doesn’t have control over his character for 3 to 5 seconds, during which the character goes berserk : a. He attacks (tai only is better imo) randomly around him, even if it’s “air”; b. He starts attacking the nearest ally, and if there’s no ally near him, he starts moving towards the nearest one (as long as the genjutsu’s still on) to attack him.
  • Invisible genjutsu : same as a hiding spell, but you use it on an opponent – that specific opponent will not be able to see you for a certain time; but I don’t know if it should disappear if you attack him, like with the hiding spell, or if this one should stay anyway until either it goes off, either he manages to land an attack
  • Stat-reducing genjutsus, for 30sec-60sec, depends on the power of the jutsu : and could be specialized in a certain stat decrease, or all stats decrease at the same time
  • Damaging genjutsus = maybe slightly less damage inflicted than ninjutsus of the same level, since a “genjutsu-user” could decrease the opponent’s stats

I wanted to know if the jutsus will have something like "speed", meaning that you can avoid it if its speed is low and you see it coming. Or if it will be instantaneous.

Also, i hope there are things like cooldowns (not necessarily very long).

Because these two will play a major role in genjutsu.

And I can always think of new genjutsus ;)

Thats a great Idea but it's also a tad OP if som1 uses gen back to back, I think you should put an interval between gen.

Thats a great Idea but it's also a tad OP if som1 uses gen back to back, I think you should put an interval between gen.

Yeah i know, that's why I was talking about cooldowns "Also, i hope there are things like cooldowns (not necessarily very long).". It's basically the interval before you can use the same skill twice. Then again, if you have different stunning skills, then yeah that would be a little OP imo, since you could switch between them.

Also may i suggest (maybe it was already put in the game) something like genjutsu resistance, if you train it alot (like a stat or a passive skill) then you could resist basic genjutsus or reduce the time it lasts. Like Deidara who after meeting Itachi would spend his time training to counter/resist the genjutsu (even if a little useless).

And there may also be a "Kai"/"Release" option : by using it on an ally or anyone at all that is under genjutsu it is instantly ended. This way no genjutsu would be OP if (like in the manga) there are two enemies.

• Like 1